NEW MEMBERS: You need to make at least 1 forum post within the first 7 days of registration to keep your account active.

ALL MEMBERS: Enter our Caption Competition for a chance to win a Duplex tub vac. CLICK HERE for details.
ALL MEMBERS: Please read our advice on choosing and storing your forum password. CLICK HERE to read the post.

Zafira or Touran??

Pull up a chair, make a brew, put your feet up and chat with our members...

Moderators: jay, Dragonrider, Teabee, thecaretaker, inspector

Moptop
Assistant Caretaker
Assistant Caretaker

Zafira or Touran??

Post by Moptop » Fri, 21st Apr 2017, 9:48am

Hi all.
Need a bigger car, wife wants a Zafira, I want a 2litre diesel VW Touran.
How do I convince her? Anyone had any experience with either?
By all accounts the Touran is more reliable than the Zafira.

QR code
I don't have a P.H.D. but I do have a pee each day.

roryeggontoast
Trainee Caretaker
Trainee Caretaker

Re: Zafira or Touran??

Post by roryeggontoast » Fri, 21st Apr 2017, 10:03am

I had a touran for years much better engineered and very reliable definitely the better of the two + there is still a problem with zafira's catching fire spontaneously.
I love children but I can only eat one a day.

craigus
Caretaker
Caretaker

Post by craigus » Fri, 21st Apr 2017, 10:04am

Having had both I would go for the Touran.
FORTITUDINE VINCIMUS

SiteSid
Trainee Caretaker
Trainee Caretaker

Post by SiteSid » Fri, 21st Apr 2017, 10:06am

.... come the day to sell it!... you're get money for Touran,... the Zafira you'll pay them to take it away... :hatoff:

jcc90
Assistant Caretaker
Assistant Caretaker

Post by jcc90 » Fri, 21st Apr 2017, 10:18am

I have to disagree iv got a 1.8 diesel zafira and all the recalls on them about catching fire are free plus its only certain models and years. very good car and a lot of space.

I have never had a touran so don't have an opinion on that.

skirbeck
Trainee Caretaker
Trainee Caretaker

Post by skirbeck » Fri, 21st Apr 2017, 11:16am

I've got a 2003 Zafira, had it over 5 years now, it's a real workhorse!

I've never a vw of any sort and never plan to either, as I use a small local garage for servicing & repairs on car and van, & Vauxhall is one of the cheaper brands to maintain.
http://www.knightsofskirbeck.co.uk Medieval re-enactment, not so much a hobby as a way of life!

Care7aker
Caretaker
Caretaker

Post by Care7aker » Fri, 21st Apr 2017, 12:33pm

mmm vauxhall or volkswagan! no brainer, if you want a cheap throw away car that may even self combust before you have to pay a scrapie to take it and has absoulutley no kudos or kerb appeal get vauxhall, you want well built well equipped good looking and good resale volkswagen! i recently sold my vauxhall before you call me a hater, and yea the value was almost nothing despite it being in ok condition. it was reliable though but that means nothing the next one of the line could of been a dog its hit and miss. do some research of course, whats the running service costs what are owners saying about both etc, and most of all dont rush into the first car you see.

Care7aker
Caretaker
Caretaker

Post by Care7aker » Fri, 21st Apr 2017, 12:36pm

forgot to add watch out with diesel, you do know the government are about to start mugging diesel owners all over the country, bound to happen as they encouraged everyone to get them...

Care7aker
Caretaker
Caretaker

Post by Care7aker » Fri, 21st Apr 2017, 12:38pm

skirbeck wrote:
Fri, 21st Apr 2017, 11:16am
I've got a 2003 Zafira, had it over 5 years now, it's a real workhorse!

I've never a vw of any sort and never plan to either, as I use a small local garage for servicing & repairs on car and van, & Vauxhall is one of the cheaper brands to maintain.
another reason to watch out for this car, great workhorse! lots are used this way and then cleaned up to sell as family cars without you ever knowing, you wont see a touran being used this way.

omega1987
Caretaker
Caretaker

Post by omega1987 » Fri, 21st Apr 2017, 12:40pm

Get the Vauxhall over the VW. Voltswagen reliability is a mith, just look at the reliability surveys to see how terrible they really are.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
Robert Heinlein