very tired

A board to discuss hobbies and pastimes away from the workplace...

Moderators: Teabee, thecaretaker, inspector, jay, Dragonrider

Rich
Assistant Caretaker
Assistant Caretaker

very tired

Post by Rich » Wed, 25th Jan 2017, 1:55pm

Hi All

Ok so it's only January .... I am sooooooo tired .....
had that flu bug for 2 weeks before --- (The word only permitted in December) ---
had the sickness, throwing up bug all over --- (The word only permitted in December) ---
came back to work, and am sooo busy it is ridiculous ...

Don't get me wrong I love my job, those that know me know that, but O boy am tired ....

Rest when you get home I hear you say ...well....am also a bowler (indoor carpet bowls), so have league and competitions to play, so 3 nights a week, am out for 6pm for matches to start 6.30pm through to 9pm at night at the earliest, and playing twice this weekend too. Making my début for Northamptonshire on Sunday v Warwickshire.......

I sooo must learn to say ....no I am not available ... doh !!!

it would help if I could sleep, but when I go bed, my stooopid brain starts planning my next few days at work ...o for goodness sake !!

:icon_undecided: :hatoff: :coffee_break: :icon_badgrin: :icon_eek:

QR code

JohnE875
Head Caretaker
Head Caretaker

Re: very tired

Post by JohnE875 » Wed, 25th Jan 2017, 2:30pm

Sounds like an awful lot of us. Mine is rugby training and matches for my grandson 3 times a week.
Nils Illigitimi Carborundum

mapper
Assistant Caretaker
Assistant Caretaker

Post by mapper » Thu, 16th Feb 2017, 9:24am

My best advice here is buy yourself a heated overblanket - one of the fleecy fluffy one's. They're absolutely deadly! I am yet to get past the first five minutes of any TV program past 20:00 in the evening without dropping off on the sofa. I now have an understanding with my wife that that snooze between 2000 and 2100 on the sofa is 'me time'. It gives me that extra sleep hour to help recharge the batteries each day. I actually look forward to it each evening now!!! :icon_redface:

rich76
Caretaker
Caretaker

Post by rich76 » Thu, 16th Feb 2017, 11:04am

Firstly good luck for the weekend. Secondly try sitting down an hour before bed (not easy with a busy life I know) and physically write down your work plans for the next few days. I don't mean an essay but note form. Then when you think you have it all step away. Put the TV on or radio, something light, comedy is good. As you watch things will pop into your head concerning work and then jot them down. Then after half hour or so of this TV or radio off, and to bed. I have found in the past that this seems to clear the mind and allows for a quicker drop off to sleep.
I took up a very light form of yoga (not flexible enough for the full) that focuses on breathing exercises, thought it was new age rubbish when I started but it really works for me. Helps relax and clear the mind, then out like a light. (can annoy the wife sometimes, if you know what I mean :icon_wink: ) .You can find them all over YouTube.

Pritchard
Trainee Caretaker
Trainee Caretaker

Post by Pritchard » Thu, 16th Feb 2017, 2:11pm

Hi

As you were sick a lot you have probably lost a lot of fluid, try those diarolyte sachets and also maybe a multivitamin and try and rest when you can.
Sounds like you are very washed out after all those bugs.

Beartaker
Assistant Caretaker
Assistant Caretaker

Post by Beartaker » Thu, 16th Feb 2017, 2:47pm

It might sound silly but lack of sunlight can really have an impact on your general wellbeing.

Dark winter mornings then spending all day inside and then it gets dark early in the afternoon. Then you are indoors on the weekend paying bowls. Maybe you're not getting enough sunlight.

My father suffered with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) due to working shifts in a factory. He went to work in the morning in the dark, spent all day in the factory then came home in the dark. He just didn't get enough sunlight. It took the doctor ages to figure out why he was ill constantly and generally just feeling rubbish. He then got given a uv heat lamp thing that he had to have on in the house next to where he sat and it made the world of difference. He felt so much better. Now I don't doubt they have a more up to date way of dealing with it now days but SAD really can be terrible.

UnderPaid
Caretaker
Caretaker

Post by UnderPaid » Thu, 16th Feb 2017, 2:55pm

Beartaker wrote:
Thu, 16th Feb 2017, 2:47pm
It might sound silly but lack of sunlight can really have an impact on your general wellbeing.

Dark winter mornings then spending all day inside and then it gets dark early in the afternoon. Then you are indoors on the weekend paying bowls. Maybe you're not getting enough sunlight.

My father suffered with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) due to working shifts in a factory. He went to work in the morning in the dark, spent all day in the factory then came home in the dark. He just didn't get enough sunlight. It took the doctor ages to figure out why he was ill constantly and generally just feeling rubbish. He then got given a uv heat lamp thing that he had to have on in the house next to where he sat and it made the world of difference. He felt so much better. Now I don't doubt they have a more up to date way of dealing with it now days but SAD really can be terrible.
My other half has the same thing its a shortage of vitamin D which you get through the skin from sunlight and the treatment is still the UVB lamp and it does work. She also goes for a walk at lunch time to get a bit of sun.
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people.... I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort it self out.

Gazza
Assistant Caretaker
Assistant Caretaker

Post by Gazza » Thu, 16th Feb 2017, 3:44pm

mapper wrote:
Thu, 16th Feb 2017, 9:24am
My best advice here is buy yourself a heated overblanket - one of the fleecy fluffy one's. They're absolutely deadly! I am yet to get past the first five minutes of any TV program past 20:00 in the evening without dropping off on the sofa. I now have an understanding with my wife that that snooze between 2000 and 2100 on the sofa is 'me time'. It gives me that extra sleep hour to help recharge the batteries each day. I actually look forward to it each evening now!!! :icon_redface:
bwahahahahah this is so me....... I tell the wife, 'if i start dozing leave me be' she gets irritated that she has no company of an evening but without that 'doze time' i'd be one useless wreck the next day
“when everyone agrees with me it’s time for me to quit”

“The real enemy of safety is not non-compliance but non-thinking”

"Working safely may get old, but so do those who practice it".

mapper
Assistant Caretaker
Assistant Caretaker

Post by mapper » Thu, 16th Feb 2017, 7:36pm

Gazza, more work required on the home front. I always leave my misses with a cup of tea as I leave in the morning and always have the dishwasher empty on her arrival home from work... One hour of 'me time' purchased. Might just try an early one tonight, blanket out and heat setting number 4 tonight I think. Zzzzzz

NGJOBS
Assistant Caretaker
Assistant Caretaker

Post by NGJOBS » Fri, 17th Feb 2017, 10:52am

Only this half term week, I was sitting on the sofa indoors when at 9 o'clock I could feel myself dropping off. Me and the missus had an early night and I felt rejuvenated in the morning!