Site Manager (CWA)
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
You will need to be available between 7.00am - 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, on a daily pattern to be agreed
(Paid holiday entitlement is given which is generally expected to be taken during school holidays)
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have the drive and passion to make a significant difference to the smooth operation and running of the school premises?
Charles Warren Academy wish to appoint a highly motivated individual who has the skills, abilities and attributes to become our new Site Manager. Working alongside the School Business Manager, this is an exciting opportunity to support Charles Warren Academy on its journey from ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’. The role of Site Manager provides a unique opportunity for someone who is able to use their initiative and has a clear eye for detail. The role necessitates working with a wide range of stakeholders, including children, staff, parents, governors as well as the local community and contractors.
Experience of school premises systems and requirements is not essential. You may have experience of premises work within a company or organisation and be looking to apply these within a school context such as:
- To undertake responsibility for the supervision of the site and the maintenance of the buildings and premises equipment.
- Maintain the cleaning and repairs of the premises.
- Liaising with the Principal, and cleaning staff to ensure the work undertaken meets the standards of the school, and to ensure that the school is a clean and safe environment for students and staff.
- Order appropriate materials and equipment needed to maintain the school premises.
- Deal with day to day work related issues, such as first fix on repairs, booking contractors, completing statutory paperwork (training will be given where necessary).
- Plan tasks and inspections to be completed throughout the year to create a safe working environment for our pupils, staff and visitors.
Skills and attributes:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- To have good written and organisational skills.
- To be proactive in the tasks which need to be achieved.
- To be able to work well individually, as well as a team.
- To be able to use a range of tools and cleaning equipment.
We would especially love to hear from you if you already have school experience and are confident in the health and safety requirements, including legionella testing, COSHH processes and if possible Asbestos management and other risk assessments. Training and continual professional development will be given to the right candidate.
We are looking for someone who can be flexible with hours, and vary to suit to the needs of the school. This may occasionally include some late evenings locking up, or ad hoc working at weekends to ensure premises work is completed in a timely manner. The post attracts a generous salary depending on the skills/experiences of the successful applicant.
Charles Warren Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring and background check.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, Cycle2work, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required to commence as soon as possible.
Interviews are scheduled week commencing Monday 13 March 2017
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.
Closing date: 01 March 2017
CLICK HERE for further details